Baby Back ribs
A simple, classic ribs recipe that’s customizable to your liking and produces fall-off-the-bone results every time. Looking to complete the meal? Try our recipe with steamed white rice, sautéed broccoli, and cornbread.
Serves: 2 - 4
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 - 3 hours
2 racks Baby Back ribs, peeled
- 2 - 3 ginger nuggets
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 2 lemons, sliced
- ½ cup water
- black pepper
- Remove the membrane from the ribs — this ensures they fall-off-the-bone.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Create a pouch with aluminum foil for each rack of ribs, then wrap with ginger, herbs, lemon, or any other aromatics you like, plus water. Wrap ribs tightly so nothing escapes while cooking!
- Bake ribs low-and-slow at 275°F for 3 - 4 hours or until tender. Bones should loosen easily.
- Remove ribs from the oven and let rest to room temp, or even refrigerate till cold.
- Slather the baked ribs with ‘nade, then broil or grill for a few minutes until sauce is caramelized and ribs hot throughout.
- Be sure to reserve extra ‘nade to dip while you enjoy!