Baked sweet potatoes with ‘nade, butter, and chives
The best part about this dish? Besides the flavor, of course. You can customize it to be as nutritious or indulgent as you’d like.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1.5 hours
- 4 medium-large sweet potatoes, washed well
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbsp chives, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking tray and put into the middle of the oven, no need to wrap or treat in any way.
- Cook potatoes for 1 hour or until skin is crispy, flesh is tender, and some of the natural sugar in the sweet potato begins to ooze out.
- Remove sweet potatoes and set oven to broil, moving the oven rack close to the top, then cut sweet potatoes in half, lightly fluff, and drizzle with ‘nade. Place on the top rack.
- Broil potatoes for a few minutes until ‘nade begins to sizzle and lightly carmelize — be sure to monitor the oven!
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, add slices of butter, and garnish with minced chives. Serve hot!