Sautéed bok choy with golden garlic and ‘nade
Our sautéed bok choy topped with 'nade adds yet another recipe variant for this vitamin-packed veggie, which has been cultivated by the Chinese for over 5,000 years.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 4 small heads bok choy, trimmed
2 qt boiling water, lightly salted
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled with germs removed, sliced thin
- 1 tsp chives
- Trim bok choy at the end, leaving the core so it remains intact. If bok choy is large, cut in half.
- Boil bok choy in salted water ‘til tender.
- Remove from boiled water and drain, using paper towel to dry.
- While drying, add oil and garlic into a sauté pan on medium heat.
- Cook until garlic is golden brown, then turn off heat and add bok choy. Put back on heat and cook until bok choy is hot, adjusting seasoning if necessary.
- Add bok choy and garlic onto a small plate, top with chives and drizzle with ‘nade.