Hummus with ‘nade, crudités, and pita
Keep it all to yourself or wow any dinner guest with our completely customizable appetizer. Just make sure they don't fill up before dinner!
Serves: 2 - 4
Prep time: Less than 30 minutes
Note: Follow our homemade hummus recipe or buy your favorite pre-made hummus to dress up!
- 12 oz cooked garbanzo beans, drained
- ½ cup water if using canned garbanzos
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 pinch cumin, ground
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp agave nectar, or honey if agave is not available
- Maldon salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- chives, minced (optional)
- Purée beans, water, tahini, lemon juice, salt, cumin, cayenne, olive oil, and agave in a food processor until smooth. Adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Spoon desired amount of hummus into a bowl.
- With the back of your spoon, smooth out a “crater” in the middle of the hummus.
- Pour ‘nade into crater and season with Maldon, black pepper, and chives.
No hummus plate is complete without crudités. May we suggest the following?
- Baby carrots, halved
- Baby gem lettuce, quartered
- Radishes, stem on, halved or quartered depending on size
- Persian cucumber, cut on extreme bias
- Baby bell peppers, cleaned and cut in half
- Cherry tomatoes, served on sticks
- Celery hearts, washed
- Pita bread, cut into 6 long triangles
- Pita chips