‘Nade-fried rice with spring vegetables
This versatile, easy to prepare recipes easily allows you to switch up your vegetables depending on what’s in season — or what you have on hand — and even add a protein.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Note: Before you start cooking, prepare all your ingredients and place them in bowls near your cooktop so you can focus on stir-frying, as the high-heat makes the cooking process go quickly.
Adding protein? Our suggestions:
- 8 - 12 16/20 (jumbo) shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut in half head to tail
- 8 oz chicken breast, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 8 oz flank steak, sliced into thin strips
1 oz grapeseed oil
- 4 eggs, preferably organic
- ½ cup ‘nade
- 2 cup cooked and dried rice, day-old, steamed jasmine rice is best
- 1 cup asparagus, cut small and boiled ‘til tender
- 1 cup broccoli, cut small and boiled ‘til tender
- 1 cup peas, frozen and thawed
- black pepper
- 5 mint leaves
- dash toasted sesame
- Cook rice.
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok on medium-high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Keeping the oil/protein residue in the pan, crack your egg and fry it, then drain oil from pan.
- Stir-fry ‘nade until fragrant by rapidly stirring over the heat, then add rice.
- Continue to stir-fry on high heat, then add veggies.
- Continue to stir-fry until contents are hot throughout and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon ingredients onto a hot plate and dress with mint and sesame.