Roasted broccoli with ‘nade, lemon, and mint
Introducing a side dish that might just push the main out of the spotlight. Enjoy it over rice, with fish, or alongside some hard boiled eggs.
Serves: 2 - 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 - 3 heads broccoli, washed and trimmed with 2” stem
- 2 oz water
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 7 - 9 mint leaves, wide chiffonade
- 1 lemon wedge
- lemon zest
- In a large skillet with a lid, warm oil on high heat until just about to smoke.
- Add broccoli and spread out evenly. Cook 1 - 2 minutes without moving, then toss once, spread out, add water, and immediately cover with lid.
- Cook 2 - 3 minutes until broccoli is tender and all water has evaporated.
- Add garlic and cook until golden.
- Spoon broccoli onto a plate and drizzle with ‘nade.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and zest, then top with mint.