Vegetable spring rolls with ‘nade
Wrap your tastebuds in some tasty, crispy goodness! Serve our spring rolls as an appetizer or a party snack and you’re bound to please the party.
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: 🍳 🍳 🍳
- ¼ head Napa cabbage, outer leaves removed, sliced ¼ inch thick from tip to ⅔ towards bottom
- 5 shiitake mushroom, stemmed, sliced thin
- 1 pack snow peas, julienne
- 1 Persian cucumber, julienne
- 2 carrot, 2 inch long medium-fine julienne
1 oz grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, germed and minced
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced ¼ inch thick
1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ bunch cilantro, wide chiffonade
- 1 8-pack TYJ spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg yolk
- Cook the cabbage, mushrooms, snow peas, cucumber, and carrots in lightly-salted boiling water, then spread onto a tray and cool in refrigerator, gently patting out excess water with a towel.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a pan and sauté ginger, garlic, and scallion.
- Mix into vegetables.
- Season vegetable mix with salt, sesame oil, and cilantro. Reserve.
- Roll filling into tight spring rolls, and seal with egg yolk. Unsure how? Learn here!
- Pan fry rolls in ½ inch of oil until deep golden; be sure to rotate and crisp throughout!
- Remove rolls from oil and blot well on paper towels, then season gently with salt.
- Plate two spring rolls, serve with ‘nade on the side for dipping.